Who are we?
We are alumni, staff, and family members spanning five decades of the Celo experience. We cherish our memories and work to ensure that children and youth can share that experience of attending and/or working at Camp for generations to come.
What do we do?
We raise funds for camperships to help ensure economic diversity among campers, which goes hand in hand with creating a community that is diverse racially, ethnically and religiously. We collect the history of Camp Celo to preserve it for the future. We reach out regionally and nationally to find old friends and share our Celo experiences.
How are we organized?
Friends of Camp Celo, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, approved by the IRS to receive tax deductible contributions. We have a board of directors who volunteer to manage the nonprofit. Many others participate on our three primary committees – development/outreach, camperships, and events.
How can I participate?
- “Like” our Facebook page to receive news and updates.
- Donate to the campership fund. You can donate online, or mail a check to: Friends of Camp Celo, Attn: Treasurer, P.O. Box 2392, Asheville, NC 28802.
- Share your photos and written history. Post to our Facebook page, send an email to email@example.com, or mail us a hand-written note.
- Volunteer for a committee. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your interest.
- Apply for a campership for your child. (Note, you must also apply directly to Camp Celo for a specific camp session before we can consider your campership application.)